Ballet Fushion into Fashion



I was wandering the internet a half year ago looking for Lolita inspiration for new projects and pieces. Most of the time, in the past when I first began #alt-fashion life, I would google famous brands in a particular style to get the feels for new looks or adventures. Now a days I know more of what I like, do not like and best of all, what looks good on me!

Let’s face it every style of gothic, couture, or Lolita is not meant for everyone. Knowing what looks good on you best is the first point before delving into the fashion abyss when it comes to creating your own pieces.

I was on the hunt for simple pieces or designs that you could add or take away from to make them straddle the line between work appropriate and avant-garde. Luckily, in the past I had some very open minded and relaxed work atmospheres to try out my ideas.

However, the new 2019 workplace seems to be a lot less forgiving, and need for routine and basic outlines are now a must! It was while fishing on Pinterest for ideas that I realized how simple it would be to take a ballerina dress, remove the pancake shaped pannier and then your left with an embellished couture-ish a-like dress. Sandwiching my fav images next to pieces from retaillées like Atlier Boz, Alice and the Pirates, or even your favorite TaoBao designer is really not far off.

In the late 90’s in the EGL community it was faux-pas to recreate ballet themes or fashions because of the common mistake of assuming Gothic fashion is as simple as walking of a Paris theatre stage production and calling yourself Goth. (Aren’t you glad time has evolved).

Regardless, now that the fashion and human world are a lot more open minded and accepting of alt-fashion, it brings me back to my original point. Common employers don’t care what you wear as long as you look uniform! This can be impossible for enthusiasts who love iconic brands like Angelic Pretty that often alter their silhouette designs per trend.

So as stated above here is my take on solution. Yup! I’m going back to the age old 1990’s fashion mistake and making it into a fashion fantasy!

Here are some inspiration pics from my most recent pins

Pinterest- SweetPinkParade Board- Ballet Themes


Pinterest - @sweetpinkparade Recommended Board- Ballet Thèmes

Comments